42PF9631D 37 TV Issues

42PF9631D 37 TV Issues


My roommate purchased a Philips 42� Plasma TV for her bedroom three years ago.  The TV worked great until a few weeks ago when the TV started not powering up; hitting the power button would turn the power indicator LED greed for a few seconds, and then it would flash red seven times. 

Luckily this is a pretty common issue as there are several posts (another here) and videos on the web detailing this issue:

I removed the back from my TV and it looks fairly intimidating:

DSC00767

A slow review of the mainboard revealed he capacitors mentioned on the posts; and they are blown�

DSC00780

The Capacitors are electrolytic 3300UF, 10V 105C units.  The part on DigiKey is P13117-ND.  I ordered four of these (two for extras in case I mess one up or one is damaged before delivery) and they are being delivered USPS priority mail.  They should be here by the end-of-the-week.

I have pulled the power supply board and I will install the new ones when they arrive.  I will post an update after all is done.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaun White Skateboarding Offline Fix SKIDROW MediaFire

2015 2016 Kwara State University KWASU Post UTME Result is out