4 22 The Loose End

4 22 The Loose End


Jungard shares his opinion on the possibility of
allowing Crasian to return to DoD (1/3),
Vashjir

 Regarding Collusion

[To: Crasian] Im afraid I cant give you a re-invite.

[From: Crasian] Why not?

Because youre a selfish, ungrateful bastard that conspired against my guild.

[To: Crasian] I have reason to believe you were at the forefront of loot collusion during Ulduar and ToGC

[From: Crasian] What?! What are you talking about?

[To: Crasian] Do you deny that you were involved in any loot manipulation while a part of Eh Team?

[From: Crasian] Can we go to Vent?

[To: Crasian] Sure.

He was irritated and bitter. Crasian sounded as if ready to pounce on the real perpetrator. I had yet to be convinced that anyone was more guilty than him.

"Alright, thats better. So, who was it that said this?"

"Doesnt matter who said it; we can deal with that later. What I want to know right now is, in your own words, how and why you felt it was OK to manipulate the loot rules of this guild for your own personal benefit."

"Hanzo, I swear to you, I have no idea what you are talking about."

Youre lying.

"Start at Ulduar. Eh Team is in its prime. You all decide to set up a private chat channel to talk shit about fail players in the 25. Continue."

"Ok, yeah...yeah we were in there. But it was just, yknow, like you said, there was some stuff people wanted to get off their chest, but it was mostly just a bullshit session in there."

"What was Eh Teams loot distro?"

"Need Before Greed. We worked out amongst each other who could really benefit the most from each drop."

Thats not Need Before Greed.

"You actually just described Loot Council."

"OK, I guess youre right, it was more of a loot council, then, but we were pretty fair about it, how we worked out who got what."

In your eyes, perhaps it was fair.

"How exactly did you work it out. Describe the process to me."

"Well, it was just like youd expect. Wed take a look at the piece, and figure out who it would benefit the most and then hand it over. Yknow? And if multiple people wanted something really badly, wed work it out. Like Ill take it this week and then maybe you get the next one."

If there was a next one.

"Name some of the pieces you remember this situation coming up with. Where you decided to work it out with someone else, to take turns."

"Ah, jeez. Ok. Let me think. Well the trinket in ToC was one for sure, what was that, Deaths Choice?"

"Deaths Choice drops in 25-Man"

"...What?"

"The trinket you just named, Deaths Choice. It drops in 25-Man Tournament of Champions."

I know because I ended up with Bheers after he left the guild, thanks to your stellar people skills.

"Right. Er, wait. Maybe that wasnt the one I was thinking of."

"This agreeing beforehand that you did while in Eh Team may have been your business, Crasian, but when you started doing it in the 25-Man...thats collusion. Friendly or not. Im sickened by the mechanics of Loot Council in general...but to hear that it was going on in that private chat while a part of the 25-Man? Im sorry, chief. Its inexcusable. I cant have it in DoD."

I could hear the frustration building in his voice, trying to solve a puzzle with missing pieces.

"God! Listen, Hanzo, I am truly sorry about this. Im telling you that I really had no idea this went against the rules, I mean, I never once thought about it that way. I never once considered it to be collusion. I mean, there were a bunch of people doing it, and I thought it was the right thing to do, to be fair to folks on the team, so that we could divvy things up. But when we chatted about it, everyone was participating."

Everyone? Or just you.

"I know youre smart enough to know that doesnt make it right."

"So, why are they all still in the guild?"

"Because a single person was responsible for facilitating this tit-for-tat looting behavior. And theyve put the finger on you."

"Thats completely unfair!"

"Actually, let me back up a step, Crasian. Heres where it gets great. The official word from Eh Team is actually...nobody! Nobody is the ringleader. Nobody was in charge of the decision making. Which is extraordinarily convenient. But what they do say, individually, when questioned...is that when it came to working out deals on who got what and when and who should take the next turn and who should step back...they all agree that you drove the conversation."

Jungard shares his opinion on the possibility of
allowing Crasian to return to DoD (2/3),
Vashjir

Regarding Officership

Crasian was stunned. He scrambled for the words to explain his behavior in Eh Team, making every attempt to draw attention to the group as a whole, rather than his own personal behavior in the matter. But before he had a chance to gather his thoughts in his defense, I shifted into Round 2.

"The problem, Crasian, is that youre greedy. Your focus has been on loot for a very long time, but youve played the political landscape very well, chumming up against folks, offering to help with dungeon runs and heroics and achievements and all that...so you gave off this great perception of being a super awesome guy in DoD. Meanwhile, youre making deals behind closed doors to ensure you have a steady stream of loot funneling your way."

"Hanzo, I genuinely did not do this with ill intent. Honestly. I never meant to wrong you or go against the guild rules."

I doubt youve even read the rules.

"Oh? So it wasnt your intent to break the rules when you stormed off in a huff when you lost your shot at Shadowmourne and officership?"

I waited a moment for him to process the topic shift. Hed have to build up an entirely new defense; it was only fair to pause for reconstruction. And Im all about being fair. Being fair is my middle fucking name.

"I admit that I was pretty upset about losing out on Shadowmourne to Jungard. It was shitty."

"Yes, it was. But see, heres the thing, Crasian. You were an Elite. Remember? Elite! That means youre expected at every raid. Youre raiding. Youre signed up and showing up every Friday, every Sunday. Without question. Not just when it was convenient for you. Not just until skiing season starts."

"Right, but I told you I was planning on skiing, didnt I?"

"No, no you didnt. And even if you did, and I just forgot -- because, it can happen, right? I miss things, sometimes. So, lets say I did forget, and you really did tell me you were planning on skiing in December, effectively taking you out of the 25-Man...then why would you have ever accepted your promotion to Elite? Why wasnt the very first thing out of your mouth, Hanzo, thanks so much for the promotion, but I have to respectfully decline as Im going to be flying down a mountain in a couple of months?"

"...I...see your point. That was a bad judgement call on my end. I guess I was a little more upset about losing the officer position to Jungard than I thought."

"So, as you can see, the case building up against you is not good. You made deals for loot in private chat channels. You took a promotion to Elite, a rank that mandates your presence, knowing full well that youd be taking off in December. And you have the nerve to be offended that I chose a player over you that has been here longer, proven himself to be more objective, and more concerned about the long term health of the guild?"

Crasian was silent, processing my diatribe.

"Yknow, Jungard confided in me that he did actually try to work with you over a couple of items. So, even he isnt perfect. But, at the risk of making you look worse, Jungard claims that you never even bothered to follow through."

"Which items?"

"The cloak off Vezax was one. He passed to you, with the agreement that you would squeeze him into an Eh Team Algalon run. It never happened. As long as you get what you want, there doesnt really seem to be a huge priority for you to make time for others to get their stuff...even though the guild sees you as this super helpful guy that loves assisting with achievements. Or is it really that youre assisting with achievements that you yourself still need?"

"Thats not fair."

"Neither is loot council. Jungard says you tried again in ToC, to barter with him on passing for Deaths Choice, with the plan that youd then let him get Dual-Blade Butcher if it dropped. Whats really great about that story is you already had a ilvl 245 weapon out of 10-Man heroic ToC. So it must have been just such a huge sacrifice for you to offer up a weapon you didnt need for an item you did."

Crasian still had no response to the repugnant claims being vomited into vent. It was time to wrap this up.

Jungard shares his opinion on the possibility of
allowing Crasian to return to DoD (3/3),
Vashjir

Regarding Bheer

"So, before we conclude this conversation detailing the many reasons why I cannot, in good faith, extend you a re-invite to the guild, I have to ask: what was it exactly that you said to Bheer to make him leave the guild?"

He paused a moment, then replied, "You mean when we were re-assembling Eh Team? He left because of that?"

What do you think?

"Yes."

"Bheer and I never really got along all that great to begin with..."

No shit?

"...and I was just getting tired of dealing with him. A lot of us were. He was very combative in vent, always arguing about a particular strat, how we were doing things. Hed bitch and moan during repeated wipes on some of the really hard stuff, and constantly question how wed do things. It pissed me off and really just didnt have the patience for it...for him."

Carry on.

"So, I came back, and was like, look, were going to do this ToC shit, and we dont really want you along this time around. Yknow? I mean, no offense, Bheer, but youre annoying the hell out of me. And if you decide that youre going to stay with Eh Team, well...then Im just going to go ahead and start a brand new 10-Man, and theres a pretty damn good chance that the majority of Eh Team are going to come with me."

Wow.

"So, you squeezed him out."

"I mean, I personally didnt tell him to hit the road...Im pretty sure it was Taba that gave him his marching papers."

"...but under your order. Under your very strong recommendation."

"I guess so."

"I have to say, Crasian, in a team without leaders, it sure seems to me like some people called the shots more than others."

"I guess when you say it that way, it really does make me out to be the bad guy. Which is totally unfair."

"Well, in my mind, I have the word of folks like Jungard and Bheer, both of whom I trust, both of whom are loyal to the guild. Both have made sacrifices to make this guild what it is today. Versus you. A player thats constantly demonstrated two sides: this wonderful make-believe side that everybody loves and thinks is awesome, and a second side, carefully navigating his way through loot tables to get what he wants until hes the #1 geared death knight on Deathwing-US...and then leaves the 25-Man progression team in the midst of its work...to go skiing. Now. Put yourself in my shoes. I decide to favor you and your story vs. theirs. What do you think DoD would make of that? Do you think theyd think I was being fair?"

"Look. Let me at least talk to them. Will you do that? Can I at least send them some kind of apology or message or something? I mean, I really want to fix this. At least let them hear my side of the story, before you make any final decision."

I stared at my screen and shook my head in disgust.

"Sure. Whatever. If you think thatll make a difference. Why not? I havent disabled your forum access, youre clearly still able to get on Vent...though I dont know for how much longer. But yes, I think its perfectly fair for you to try to make amends. And Ill see what the officers say. But I wouldnt get my hopes up."

Word on the street was that there was some finger pointing going on in the old Eh Team chat channel. A private message did go out later that evening, sent to the entire officer core, and as many members of the 25-Man progression team that phpBB would allow Crasian to jam into the CC: field. It did little to change peoples minds. The court of public opinion had already cast its verdict, and the sentence was for Crasian to find a new home, far enough from Descendants of Draenor so that his selfish behavior became someone elses problem.

---

The next day at work, I fired off an IM to Bheer.

"Crasian wont be a problem anymore. We can rest easy."

"I appreciate it. Can you do me a favor, though?"

"Of course," I typed back, "Ask and ye shall receive."

"You have administrative privileges on the forums, to do things like delete threads and posts and such, right?"

"Yup, I can pretty much do anything."

"Can you go ahead and just delete Crasians message out of my inbox for me?"

I furrowed my brow, "Um...why?"

"I just dont want to have anything to do with it. I dont even want to look at it."

So...why dont you delete it yourself? Its just a message.

It was no secret that Bheer wasnt Crasians best friend...but full avoidance behavior? It struck me as very odd. Very surprising.

Very...red flag...ish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shaun White Skateboarding Offline Fix SKIDROW MediaFire

2015 2016 Kwara State University KWASU Post UTME Result is out